Pathway To A Building Career
Students will be introduced to the carpentry theory and practical skills required to complete BCATS (Building, Construction, and Allied Trade Skills) projects at levels 1 and 2.
Students will learn:
- To perform tasks safely.
- About knowledge of materials.
- To interpret and use project plans
- To perform measurements and calculations.
- To follow instructions and work well in a team environment.
- Select, use and care for a range of hand tools, power tools, and machinery.
- To understand the roles related to trades.
- Qualifications: NZ Certificate in BCATS (Level 1), NZ Certificate in BCATS (Level 2)
- 81 credits, 26weeks full time + holidays
- Monday-Friday, 8.00am-3.30pm
- 2021 fee: No cost.
- Starts from: 8th February 2021
Graduates will receive NZ Certificates in BCATS (Building & Construction Allied Trade Skills) Levels 1 and 2.
Graduates of this programme can progress onto the NZ Certificate in Construction Trade Skills Level 3.
Applicants need to:
- Be 16 years or over (or 15 with MOE approval) and be a citizen or a permanent resident of NZ/Australia residing in NZ.
- There are no academic requirements to apply for this programme however applicants must not hold a qualification higher than NCEA Level 1.
- Be physically able to carry out course tasks.
- Have an interest in the building industry.
for an info pack.
for an info pack.
About This Programme
- Learn about hand tools, power tools and workshop machinery
- Learn practical skills and get experience by working on projects in our fully equipped workshops
- Learn literacy, numeracy and communication skills for the workplace
- Learn about health and safety on the job
- 26 weeks
- Monday – Friday 8am – 3.30pm
Enquire Now For More Info
ZERO Course Fees
Limited places – Phone NOW to secure your place